Monday, March 20, 2006

M.K. Venkatraman

Most engineering/science students in TamilNadu must have used the books of M.K. Venkatraman. I found a news item in The Hindu about his passing away last week.

Most of the books of this author that I have read are literal adaptation
of some of the world renowned books on the same topic. It usually includes solutions to the problem set that are left as exercises in those books. Inspite of the above mentioned fact, I consider that a lot of student community(including myself) has benefited from such efforts. Such efforts are all the more relevant in situations where the original books were not accesible to students for a variety of reasons(higher cost,less exposure or just the fact the original ones are extremely difficult to understand).

This blog post is a small acknowledgement to the learning I have derived from the books of Dr. M.K. Venkatraman.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaps said...

Hi Balaji,
I came to know about his demise through my family sources. My uncles and aunts attended his funeral. Here is my tribute -
http://sambharmafia.blogspot.com/2006/03/mkv-remembered.html

20 March, 2006 18:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home